Saturday, September 10, 2016

Day Zero Project - Yoga, Canvas, & Shoes



This week was more productive than expected!  It's fun crossing things off my Day Zero List.  Here's what I accomplished... 


# 83 - Take a yoga class
  • Now, I've taken yoga in the past, but it's been a couple of years.  I added it to my list, because I wanted to intentionally add it back into my exercise routine.  About a month ago I pulled my hamstring attempting to waterski (hence, #8 on my list).  Since then I've been hesitant to go to the gym, a beginning yoga class on Wednesday seemed like the best way to ease myself in, so I did!  It was perfect, because it led me to continue exercising with Piyo on Thursday, Zumba on Friday, and Barre this morning!  Hope I stay on this roll!

# 81 - Give away a print of my photography on canvas
  • I thought it would be a long time before I accomplished this, but last night my sisters hosted a fundraiser for their World Race Missions Trip.  The night included a tricky tray.  It took some courage, but I offered one of my canvased photos.  I'm so glad I wrote this on my Day Zero list because it's one thing I never thought I would do.  What's really cool is that one of my friends that I invited won the canvas!

# 77 - Give away 20 pairs of shoes
  • So, this happened.  I was giving away one of my show racks, so I figured what a perfect time to start purging and work on my 20 pairs.  I really only had 16 pairs to give away, but since I wrote that my goal was 20, I picked 4 more pairs of shoes that were harder to part with, but good for my soul.  Next week, I'm going to take them over to Star of Hope in Paterson, NJ to donate them.  I'm praying God can use them to clothe those in need.  In case you're worried, I'm not shoe-less, there are still about 35 more pairs in my closet. 
Here are 2 pictures from the auction and 1 picture of my box of shoes!

           

Here's what numbers are in progress... 

  • # 62 - Renew passport - Filled out the paper work, and went to AAA and got my pictures printed.
  • # 66 - Pray with a friend in another state once a month for a year - I prayed with my sweet friend Graci in Kentucky this past Thursday for her birthday.  I am committing to pray with her on the 8th (or around the 8th) of every month from now until her next birthday.

To read my Day Zero - What is it? Blog Post visit: http://toriaseetaram.blogspot.com/2016/09/day-zero-project-what-is-it.html

If you'd like to follow along as I check things off OR help me accomplish #58 and make your own Day Zero List, here's my link - https://dayzeroproject.com/user/Toria/list/120916


Thanks for reading!  Love, Toria

No comments:

Post a Comment