Friday, January 6, 2017

Day Zero Project - When I wasn't even trying...

I'm really good at starting things gun-ho and then dropping them.  I'm not making any New Year's Resolutions or anything, but one thing I do want to get better at is finishing what I started and I'm going to finish this list!

Shortly after I wrote my last blog, both of my sisters left the country to serve in Christian humanitarian efforts and missionary work in 11 countries for the next 11 months.  I cried... A LOT!  At the same time, there were several other unfortunate situations happening to friends around me and I cried... a lot MORE.  I struggled every morning to get out of bed, to be around people, and didn't really want to do much.  For anyone who knows me, knows that's this polar opposite of me, but nonetheless, I used depression as an excuse to not have to complete my Day Zero Project.  

On December 31st, I got to visit my sisters on a layover in Houston while they traveled from El Salvador to Uganda.  There were tears, but there was also fun and laughter and lots and lots of hugs.  My sisters were so full of life and soaking up every minute of every country they had been in already.  Seeing that, coupled with a ton of prayer, gave me the strength to open up this list again.


To my surprise, I was able to cross 5 things off the list that I had accomplished in the last  months without even realizing it.  God is so kind to us in when we can't pick ourselves up or we feel like we've lost time, He comes in with the perfect amount of encouragement and comfort.

So here we go, these are the numbers that I've crossed off in the last 3 months.

# 30 - Get another tattoo

  • While in Kentucky, I decided to get a tattoo on my ribs.  The tattoo I chose was waves because it reminded me of the story in the Bible where Jesus tells Peter to walk on the water and while His eyes are fixed on Jesus he was able to, but as soon as he took his eyes off the Lord and concentrated on the waves, he started to drown.  Each of waves can have a name, job, relationships, finances, etc... but I don't have to drown in them, I can walk on those waves if I keep my eyes on Jesus! 

# 62 - Renew My Passport

  • This was in progress before and now I have a brand new passport in hand!  Funny story though, I sent all the paper work in and forgot to sign in!  Naturally, they sent it back.  I signed it and mailed in back to Philadelphia and received it in less than 2 weeks!  Yay! 

# 63 - Try Bourbon in Kentucky


  • I went to Kentucky in November to visit 2 wonderful friends, Gerri & Graci.  They took me all over Louisville and even part of Indiana!  Yes, we did go to a distillery and I did get to taste Kentucky bourbon in Kentucky!  Thank you Gerri & Graci for being the most gracious and loving hostesses.



# 64 - Visit Racheal in Texas

  • Since I was traveling to Houston, Racheal suggested that I stay a few more days with her in Austin, so she so selflessly drove 2 1/2 hours to pick me up.  I'm thankful that we've been friends since the 4th grade and that God worked it all out that I could visit my sisters and visit her too!

# 79 - Tour a Vineyard

  • In October, I had to go out to California for a work trip.  I decided this time to call up my favorite California travel buddy, Amy, and stay a could days longer.  We traveled all over Napa and spent time enjoying each other's company and some good wine!

There you have it, God loves you so much that He can make your dreams come true even when you've forgotten about them yourself.  I'm excited to see what 2017 brings as I as God to "dream for me"!  Will you let Him dream for you too? 


To read my Day Zero - What is it? Blog Post visit: http://toriaseetaram.blogspot.com/2016/09/day-zero-project-what-is-it.html

If you'd like to follow along as I check things off OR help me accomplish #58 and make your own Day Zero List, here's my link - https://dayzeroproject.com/user/Toria/list/120916


Thanks for reading!  Love, Toria

No comments:

Post a Comment