Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Day Zero Project - #47 & 54

On Monday, September 5th (Labor Day), I completed my first and second goals on my Day Zero Project.  It felt amazing!  

#47 - Pray for a Stranger
  • For those who don't know, I work for a Christian Radio Station, one of the perks of that job is that we have the freedom to pray at work.  I used to take that for granted, but in the last few months, God has shown me more and more how special that is.  Although we live in a country that was founded on a constitution that states that it's values are freedom of speech and freedom of religion, it's amazing how "on edge" some people can get about praying in public.  While working a the station booth at a local Labor Day Street Fair a woman walked up to me and started sharing how the music on the station has encouraged her.  She continued to share with me the struggles of rehab and waywardness of her children.  Right there in the middle of the street, for the first time in my life, I asked this woman (who 3 minutes ago was a stranger) if I could pray for her and her family, and then I did.

#54 - Leave a 100% tip
  • After the street fair, one of my best friends and I went to a local diner for dinner.  We were recalling all of the blessings God has so graciously given to us.  We were laughing and sharing and in that moment I felt so overwhelmed with how much He has blessed me with that I don't deserve.  It was easy to leave a 100% tip when you realize that it's just money and that more than likely my diner server has a family that she'd rather be spending time with than serving me a gyro on Labor Day.  So, for the first time in my life, I left a 100% tip.  I didn't stay and see her reaction, but I secretly wish I was a fly on the wall.  I'm probably going to repeat goal #54 again and again in the future! 

Here are a couple pictures from the Labor Day Street Fair. (This wasn't the stranger I prayed with, but she's a dear friend and I had the privilege of praying for her later in the day as well).

 

To read my Day Zero - What is it? Blog Post visit: http://toriaseetaram.blogspot.com/2016/09/day-zero-project-what-is-it.html

If you'd like to follow along as I check things off OR help me accomplish #58 and make your own Day Zero List, here's my link - https://dayzeroproject.com/user/Toria/list/120916


Thanks for reading!  Love, Toria

No comments:

Post a Comment